The Avaya IP Office 500 Telephone System
Simple, Powerful Communications for Small-to-Medium Businesses.
What is the Avaya IP Office?
The Avaya IP Office is an office phone system by Avaya, which unifies your communications. The Avaya IP Office provides your employees with a collaborative solution that lets them handle all their business communications on the device of their choice. Whether it be on your laptop, cellphone, IP office phone or home phone, the Avaya IP Office uses wired, wireless or broadband to keep you connected. The Avaya IP Office offers an innovative way to keep your business flexible without driving up operating costs.
The Avaya IP Office is an excellent office phone system for any small-to-medium business. Whether you have 5-10 employees and just starting out, or already established with several employees in multiple locations.
The Avaya IP Office easily adapts to your goals and budget. It is able to provide customized individual user productivity solutions to each of your employees. From your sales and service representatives to a full-fledged call centre, the Avaya IP Office provides just the capabilities they need.
Helping small to large companies around the world use communications to grow sales and lower operating expenses has made Avaya the global leader in business communications systems. If that’s what you want for your business, it’s time to take a closer look at the Avaya IP Office.
The Avaya IP Office 500
The Avaya IP Office platform is comprised of the Avaya IP Office 500. With support up to 270 telephones, you can also have expansion modules added to match the requirements of a growing business.
The Avaya IP Office 500 delivers full voice functionality with a comprehensive set of features and can be configured as a voice-only PBX, using circuit-switched lines, or as an IP telephony server using high-speed connectivity and/or SIP trunks.
The Avaya IP Office 500 Standard Edition: supports up to 32 telephones, with capacity for 16 analog trunks or 4 digital trunks (96 T1/PRI or 120 E1). Optionally, SIP trunks are also supported.
The Avaya IP Office 500 Professional Edition supports 8 expansion modules providing for a combination of 270 analog, digital, and IP extensions. Additional analog trunks can be provisioned using the IP400 Analog Trunk 16 module.
The Avaya IP Office system also includes a robust set of tools for administration (Manager), call tracking (SMDR), system monitoring and diagnostics (System Status Application), to name a few. Additionally, the ability for users to manage their own calls is supplied through a simple GUI (Phone Manager). Phone Manager functionality can also be enhanced through simple licensing and to support IP soft phones.
Avaya IP Office Phone System Features and Benefits
Avaya IP Office Benefits
- Avaya IP Office is total voice and data communication solution for small and mid-sized businesses.
- Avaya IP Office Functions as a traditional phone system or an IP Telephony Server.
- Avaya IP Office Supports both single locations and multi-site networks.
- Avaya IP Office Scalable as business needs grow.
- Protects current investments in communications
- Basic call center and voice messaging capabilities are built-in.
Avaya IP Office Features
- Avaya IP Office Conferencing
- Avaya IP Office conferencing applications provide a private audio-conference bridge for communicating with a large number of people
- IP Office offers several messaging applications designed to meet the needs of the business. IP Office VoiceMail Lite, Embedded Voicemail and VoiceMail ProAvaya IP Office Messaging
- Avaya IP Office Networking – Small Community Networking links multiple IP Office systems via a standard data network, providing feature transparency and advanced applications such as centralized voice messaging
- Avaya IP Office Phone Manager – Phone Manager is a desktop communications application that is available in three versions: Phone Manager Lite, Phone Manager Pro, and Phone Manager Pro PC Softphone (VoIP mode).
- Avaya IP Office SoftConsole – SoftConsole is the PC based Windows Operator Console for IP Office working with a desktop telephone
- Avaya IP Office Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) – CTI allows users to access information in company databases during phone calls
- IP Office Manager System Administration Tool – IP Office Manager is utilized as the system administration tool.
- Avaya IP Office Remote Hot Desking – Avaya IP Office The ability for a user on one IP Office system to log into any telephone (analog, digital, or IP) on another IP Office system within the Small Community Network
- SIP Trunks – Session Initiation Protocol Trunks. Avaya IP Office SIP allows IP Office users to take advantage of new telephony services being offered by Internet Telephony Service Providers.
Avaya IP Telephones
Along with its Avaya Office IP solution, Avaya offers many series of IP phones compatible with the IP Office Phone System. Each series has a number of models with slightly varying features.
HTCS recommends the following series phones for the Avaya IP Office 500: