A recent CRTC Monitoring report states that “Mobile expenditures comprise the largest component of all corporate telecommunication expenses, representing 43% of the total amount of dollars spent. With the trend for growth in mobility usage continuing at a significant pace with the explosion of smart
phones, applications and mobile Internet services, companies are now at risk of losing control over managing their costs.”
- Businesses often have multiple providers for multiple devices, one easy tip is to consider consolidating everyone under one company plan. If one vendor has all of your business, it will give you more leverage to negotiate better or the best rates out there, not to mention the one stop shop is easier to track your payments and your analyze your costs.
- Always keep abreast of the changing plans offered to businesses. These plans can include pooled minutes as well as plans that give you a peak amount of minutes a month, is one example. You will be surprised how much you can save by analyzing usage and calling patterns.
- Don’t overlook your bill but instead review everything you are being charged for (i.e. call waiting etc). If you don’t need it, don’t pay for it.
- Find an interconnect company that Leverages new technology such as IP soft phones and Skype to reduce expensive roaming charges. Many IP PBX’s will also allow you to transfer calls received on cellular while in the office to a landline without the caller even knowing it happened.
- Depending on your Smartphone, you may have the option to automatically detect and switch to wireless network(s) or hotspots when available resulting in savings on Data usage charges.
- Know your Roaming plan! There is nothing worse than getting an outrageous bill for a few phone calls south of the border. You may also want to call your provider in advance of your trip to enquire about special roaming packages. Depending on your Smartphone, you can change your settings to “Off while roaming” and save yourself a surprise.
- Make sure you review your bills. Often you will find mistakes, wrong rates or catch devices which should have been cancelled, all adding up to big savings.
This is where we come in. HTCS is an interconnect company that is a partner with Avaya Cisco giving you the advantage of our position in the VoIP and SiPtel market. We understand the whole idea of the one stop shop. We can keep things simple for you as we keep our customers current with the changing technology.